Friday, September 19, 2008

NEXT Planting Conference Takeaway 1

It seems as I watch and talk to fruitful church planters one of the repeating things I see is that they Know They've Got IT.
What I mean is they know their calling, they know their mission and they know their Commander in Chief is calling them to get out of the trench, follow Him and charge the line!
Now I'm not saying they don't doubt it from time to time, in fact they tell me they do from time to time, but when waves of doubt hit they get close to God, regroup and get refocused on the truth and their calling. And they definately aren't perfectly rounded leaders. In fact it seems they're often rough 'round the edges. But at the end of the day they know the price that they're called to pay, their families are 100% behind them, and they're willing to learn and grow in their leadership capacity.

No comments: