Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shaping young men

I have the privilege and responsibility before and under God to raise three young men. It daily brings me to my knees. One of the things my friend Ps David Putman and I often talk about is the fact that when it comes to the bottom line of discipleship - you reproduce who you are. We can not escape this reality. We all have an impact on the people around about us. And we all pass on whatever is going on inside us. What's going on your life? What are you building into the people God has placed around about you? Is it negativity, religiousness, isolation? Or the life, freedom and love of God you have found in Jesus Christ?
"There is just one way to bring up a child in the way he should go, and that is to travel that way yourself." Abraham Lincoln.

No comments: