Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Scott Thomas - Nerida's notes


Last week Nerida and I attended the Acts 29 Bootcamp held at Vintage 21, Raleigh, NC. During Scott Thomas' (Director of Acts 29) talk I had to pop out to break up a brawl the boys were in... Nerida took my notes while I was gone; today as I looked over them here's what she had wrote down: "Your church will suck if you don't have strong men. Only real men can draw men." See why I married her?

Application : Think about the men Jesus chose to invest His life with. They weren't the Pharisees or educated religious leaders of the day. They were ordinary everyday men. And once they were filled with the Holy Spirit their leadership demanded engagement : "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus." Acts 4:13

1 comment:

Tricia Lovejoy said...

Now that's a great wife! I love that woman!