Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Rebellion

Yesterday Pastors Shawn and Rodney launched a new series, "Christmas Rebellion - Taking Christmas Back."

As I sat in the 4pm service I was again confronted by the truth that as I follow Jesus my world will continue to be turned upside down. That's what Jesus came to do. To save us from ourselves. To save us from our self focused inward looking nothingness. And where the world screams at us to get more, more, more all for me, me, me... God, the creator of the universe GAVE. He gave to us. He gave His most treasured posession to you. He gave His Son so that we might gain forgiveness and new life with God.

And as I sat there with my 3 boys, with Archie asleep in my arms as Shawn preached, I was gripped with an glimpse, an insight of God's fathomless love. He gave His one and only Son, He sent His baby as a gift, a ransom-gift that we might be set free from the bondage of more, mecentred sin and death.

The best gifts cost the most. They cost you. God may your Spirit of love fill me this Christmas to love the people you've placed around me.

No comments: