Sunday, October 5, 2008

Septembers Top 3 - Part 2.

The top 3 things I learnt from Mountain Lake in September 08...
In no particular order.

There is such a thing as the gift of leadership. Ps Shawn has it. He is a great speaker, communicator and is hugely hungry to lead the church forward. I said to him one day last week, "Shawn are you wired today?" and he said, "I'm always wired." That gives you a glimpse of the leadership hunger I'm talking about.

Leadership is more than important it is crucial. One of the things that stands out to me is that at Mountain Lake Church the 'leaders' are allowed to lead and that is KEY to this church's ability to 'do' the work Jesus has called it to do in this community. Leadership is also the fundation under the unity of the team environment. Sure there are little things, that's people living in relationships, but at the end of the day the staff at MLC obviously enjoy working together. I think that is a direct result of the leadership culture that Shawn and David etc have intentionally developed and nurtured over the years. It is hands down the best environment I have worked in - appart from working with my Dad on the farm growing up, but those days will always be the best in my mind.

No comments: