Thursday, January 29, 2009

Have a go.

The other day one of the Aussie blokes who’s volunteered to help me start a new church in Brisbane, QLD asked me what drives me to do the things I’m doing?
• First Jesus is in my life and He’s the one in charge.
• Second, I have a clear memory of what it was like to live far from God.
• Third, even when things seem crazy and out of hand I can’t help but think about what Jonathan said when he was confronted by seemingly impossible odds: “Perhaps the LORD will act in our behalf. Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving, whether by many or by few."

I love that Spirit. Willing to risk it all. It comes from having seen God’s hand at work. It happens when we follow Jesus out of our comfort zones and join Him in His work in the world.

I also love what his mate said back to him: "Do all that you have in mind," his armor-bearer said. "Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul."
• That’s the sort of man I want to be for the men who I follow. That’s the sort of men I want at my back.

No comments: