Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Things I've learned from Jeff Murphy


Last weekend my family and I had the honor of traveling down to Columbus GA to help serve with the My Church team as they launched publicly. Now if all you'd seen was the amazing, awe-inspiring crowd and buzz on Sunday you've only seen the tip of the Ice-berg that is Jesus at work. Behind every great move of God in a community there is first a work of Jesus in a leader. It is the way He chooses to work.
Here's how Jeff recalls all that happened :
I am on my face praising God. This is not a story of success. This is a story of brokenness... One thing I have learned, “God does not delight in sacrifice, He delights in a broken spirit...” Now, I want every pastor and every church planter who is experiencing pain to know…relish in it. Let God break your spirit. He is preparing you for the next great thing. So don’t call me and ask me how we did this launch. I’ll have to tell you to go out and fail at something or choose the most painful circumstances you could imagine. I have no talent, no good strategy, no superstars in the wings…I only have the power and grace of God. Praise God for using broken people like me! You broken guys out there, get up off your face and do what God tells you to do, even if you think it’s impossible. There are millions of people out there who need God’s grace, and you’re the only guy who can really authentically pass it on!"
Read Jeff's entire thoughts here. Thank you God that you love to use broken clay pots to carry your treasure!

No comments: