Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Visit to First Baptist Church Woodstock


Nine years ago this week Ps Shawn and Ps Chad Ward's families launched Mountain Lake Church. And I guess it was fitting that this morning the entire ministry team had the privilege of visiting First Baptist Church Woodstock for their weekly staff breakfast and prayer meeting. FBCW was one of the churches which supported Shawn and his dream of a new church for the disconnected in Cumming. As I walked down the corridors to the meeting room I was in quiet awe of what God had done and was obviously doing in this Grand-parent church. FBCW got behind the planting of Mountain Lake who in turn have invested in Jeff Murphy and the launching of MyChurch this Sunday Columbus GA.

Another takeaway from Pastor Johnny Hunt – “When you truly encounter and wrestle with God you always walk away humbled.” 10 years ago I wouldn't have had any idea what he meant - today I heard what he said, I'm walking different.

No comments: