Tuesday, October 16, 2007

God demands RISK part 2

I donno, but I can't seem to get away from Genesis 12:1-4. Every where I turn it seems that God is putting this particular part of His word before me. And more than that He's challenging me to step up and be a man of God, a man of God who honors Jesus by the RISKS I'm willing to take for Him. Now the funny thing is I just don't have the foggiest idea what it is exactly that He's calling me to do or risk yet... but kinda like Abraham I feel God's call stronger than ever to live a life that honors Jesus every day. And that my friends is a faith filled daily risk, but it isn't really a risk because following Jesus brings eternal unfathomable rewards no matter what the cost for me today.

1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

4 So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran.

No comments: