Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Wednesday Wrap Up @ USQ


Well appart from the usual stuff today...
1. I finally got my offical 'staff' ID card for the University of Southern QLD as a USQ Chaplain, why? Well as Pastor of Newlife Church we have now been generously granted some storage in our new home at level 4, and I need to have access after hours.
2. I got the low down with the USQ staff about our move as Newlife Church up to level 4 this Sunday!
3. Wednesday @ USQ has been interesting for me as it is the day that we aim to hit the USQ for bible study and connection. It's great to be able this year to work more with Phil one of the other Chaplains. Today it was a great time, testimonies, Phil teaching and sharing about the 'Error of Balaam,' and somehow it got onto the current youth culture of EMO's. Now Wikipedia has a heap about Emo's here. One of the most insightful things was this quote;

"Emo music has also been compared to the teen pop of 1990s boy bands."

Now for me as a Pastor willing to admit that I was a Metallica fan of 90's that's REALLY something to be worried about... EMO's getting the same kind of cred as the boy bands of the 90's, it kinda worries me where it's all heading. Hmmmm.

Just as I needed to know the grace and care of God in Jesus as a teenager, it seems nothings changed. Just for your info Nerida wants to add that she wasn't a great Metallica fan (she has a Ph D in pop goes the gospel and backmasking) and she was into SEAL, Alanis Morrisette, Cranberries, Corrs and other popular and sensible bands.

No comments: