Friday, May 21, 2010

Hospitality - the power

Today we're so busy running here, there and everywhere I think we miss out on the power of simply slowing down. Slowing down and clearing our schedule to relax and meet with some good friends and enjoying a good meal together. I'm always blown away by the life change that I desperately pray for and desire in my own life most often comes over a meal with friends who I know love me. Similarly, the way Jesus most often uses me isn't through well planned 'classes', conferences, tracts... but from simply offering and sharing my life, my space, my food and the gospel with someone someone who is far from God. Jesus uses this simple offering, this simple environment and repeatedly engages and impacts people with His love and life. Worth reminding myself and Engage City Church about :)

No comments: