Thursday, February 21, 2008

Growing as a Leader and Pastor


One things for sure, if you're not growing and stretching, you're going backwards.
So I try to constantly refocus my mind to have a learning posture. By posture I mean simply positioning my attiude so that it engages with life and all it's experiences from a growing perspective.
Example - Yesterday I spent time hanging out with my wife. A couple of key things I learned/relearned were 1) I need to spend more time enjoying the beautiful things in life like my wife and sitting in coffee shop looking out on green fields. 2) There is nothing like great service to make you want to come back. A kind word, a genuine caring attitude, it doesn't matter if you are a pastor or a chef, being kind to people makes people want to be with you. Simple enough, but why do so many businesses and churches have an unwelcoming environment?
So what is it that you are learning?

No comments: