Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Steve Erwin, I remember you mate


Steve - "If there is one thing that I Steve Irwin would want to be remembered for is to be remembered for passion and enthusiasm. Conservation is my job, my life, my whole persona."
This week we all stopped and remembered our mate Steve who sadly passed on last year. What can I say but that when it comes to leadership Steve taught me alot. Here's just a few things off the top of my head.
Real leaders have a life mission - "I am a wildlife warrior and I will fight to the death for wildlife."
Real leaders polarise. Some will love you, some hate but you can't be a fence sitter with a real leader, they demand you make a decision.
Real leaders are larger than life, because they aren't content to take the easy traveled road that everyone else is taking
Real leaders are passionate about their mission.
Real leaders connect at the heart level.
Real leaders have their struggles.
Real leaders are all about giving to others not taking.
Real leaders are remembered and missed even when they're moved on.
Real leaders live on in their family. They always do, cause that's the mark of a real leader, fakes can't fake it to people that close.
Steve I take my hat of to you, I miss you, we miss you.

No comments: