Saturday, February 13, 2010

Engage City Church Launches Today

Just sitting doing a little praying and chillin over a cup of tea as I reflect over the past year and look forward to our Launch Service this morning.
* I'm so thankful for the amazing friends and churches that have got behind the vision of starting a new church in Brisbane, a church that exists to see people far from God engaged with Jesus and the life He offers.
* The support and encouragement we have received literally from all over the world just blows me away.
* I'm so excited that we have a 'place' that we can begin meeting weekly in. It is cool to be able to put our money into serving people and our community and not into the crazy rent being asked in this part of the City. I literally get goosebumps as I think about the plans we have for this building and the ways that we can love and serve our community from this location.
* I so humbled by the amazing team that Jesus has and is gathering. Jesus said that He will build His church and every one on the launch team not only get's the vision but believes it and is committed to it. I'm blown away that a group such as this has been gathered in such a short time since we returned from Georgia U.S.A.
* The plans for the Kid's Church are huge! After hearing what Lauren and Tim have in store I know the kids will not only learn about Jesus but they will have an absolute ball.
* I'd appreciate your prayers for not only today but the next few weeks, that God will draw people who are personally invited or received a flyer etc to come along and hear the truth of Jesus. Pray that lives will be changed, that marriages will be saved, that kids will grow up knowing the love and grace of Jesus.
* A final word to those who ARE Engage City Church... you guys are amazing. I can't believe that I get to be on this adventure with you all. Let's never give up Gathering, Growing and Going for Jesus!

No comments: