Monday, August 27, 2007
I've been getting into Guy Kawasaki's "Art of the Start" and I've been real encouraged by what he has to say to leaders about the importance of constantly refocusing on your vision and keeping it simple, memorable and sharp.
One of the more impactful insights is Guy's thought that if your organisation or church (for want of a better word) is to make an impact it has to be focused on MAKING MEANING. If you can't clearly communicate to anyone in the street why you 'make meaning' then there can be no success and your efforts will never impact or change the world.
The Three Motivations for MAKING MEANING according to Guy are:
1. Increasing the quality of life for people, changing peoples lives for better.
2. Righting a wrong, seeing justice.
3. Preventing the end of something good.
Now that's some food for thought for any church leader.
1. Jesus and His gospel changes peoples lives both now and forever - that's meaningful!
2. Jesus commands us to put our love for others into action... and justice for the poor and defenceless is real important to God!
3. The family of God is the BEST thing ever created by God! So let's see the revolution go to the ends of the earth - there is no stopping Jesus and His Mission!
Seems like Jesus has 'MAKING MEANING' nailed down! I'm with Him!