Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Springfield Hendersons


I don't know how many times I've had people take the micky out of me when I've told them I'm a pastor from Springfield. Thankfully it's only usually people under 35.
You know the conversation... it goes like this...
"So Will, what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I'm a Pastor, you know a Minister for the Presbyterian Church."
"Oh..." they reply. "What's a Presbyterian?"
I then explain to them that Presbyterians are actually Christians not a cult and then they usually ask, "So where's your Church?"
And I say, "Springfield."
Yeah, I know. I'm the Minister from Springfield, and no I'm nothing like Rev Lovejoy, he's actually the local Anglican...
SO I've decided to embrace myself...
Meet the Henderson's we live in Springfield - REALLY! HA HA.

No comments: