Thursday, April 22, 2010

ANZAC Day Service


This Sunday we remember those who sacrificed so that we might have freedom. I cannot help but be reminded of my Master's words to His followers in John 10:17 "Just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."
It is good to remember the sacrifice others have made, but more importantly we embrace and engage with the result of their sacrifice. This Sunday is a day to say thankyou to the 1000's of soldiers who sacrificed for pursuit of freedom but most of all to thank God for the amazing sacrifice He made to finalize freedom in Jesus' death and resurrection.
We would love you to join us this Sunday at Engage City Church, 10.30-11.30am, 68 Longfellow Street, Norman Park.

No comments: