Thursday, April 19, 2007

Is '300' worth seeing?

On annual leave I had the time to go and watch the recent release blockbuster '300' (by myself) and I personally thought it was great. From a blokes perspective I enjoy 'bloke' flicks every now and again, you know the ones I mean, 'Braveheart' and 'Gladiator' are just a couple (My main staple at the moment is Shrek 1, 2 and God willing 3).

On '300' I have to say though that I definately would NOT recommend anyone underage going as it is very violent etc but overall I feel that the storyline is powerful and has real depth in speaking to our generation about values, discipline and courage to stand firm till the end. Hmmm Jesus had a bit to say about those very issues to His disciples in Matthew 24:9-14.

Thinking about pop culture and the gospel for what it's worth I just so happened to trip over this interesting article regarding the movie '300' by the Sydney Anglicans - check it out here. Also if you are interested in wrestling with the question, "Can we use pop culture to reach our community with the gospel?" check out this paper by Christianity Today.

No comments: